Work in Progress: Upgrading Tutor to Koa πŸ‘·

Hello world! :wave: :earth_africa: It’s that time of year again, when a new Open edX release is being created. Koa is planned for December 9th and we are hard at work in the Build/Test/Release working group to make that happen.

As far as I am concerned, releasing means upgrading all Tutor components to work with the new release. This post is for tracking our progress, just like we did for the previous Juniper release.

Tutor upgrade progress

Main project

• :white_check_mark: tutor-openedx : (updated 2020-11-16T23:00:00Z) platform is running. New issues might arise as the other plugins are upgraded.

Plugins

Extra components

Premium plugins

All testing will happen in a β€œkoa” branch in the listed repositories. You can check out our progress there (e.g: the koa branch on the core tutor repo), but you should beware that these branches will be push-forced.

What does it mean for existing Tutor users?

As with Juniper, we expect that existing Tutor users will be able to upgrade simply by running tutor local quickstart. Backups are strongly recommended. If you are not ready to upgrade to Koa, we recommend subscribing to a Tutor LTS license.

Learn more about Koa

Here are a few links to learn more about the upcoming Koa release:

6 Likes

Aaaaaand Koa is out! The announcement was made three hours ago and I’m very proud to announce the release of Tutor v11.0.0 :champagne: The plugins with a green checkmark :white_check_mark: above were also released.

As you can see from the Tutor changelog this release comes with quite a few changes that are internal to Tutor and that makes it easier for users and developers to work with Tutor.

More news to follow in the coming days! In particular, don’t miss the [date=2020-12-17 time=18:00:00 timezone=β€œUTC”] community meetup where Marco Morales, product manager at edX, will showcase the shiny new stuff from this release :slight_smile:

But for now I’m going to go to bed and get some sleep :sleeping:

5 Likes