Where do the FEATURES go?

I’ve created a local plugin in order to recreate the values for the different features we used in our Native environment.

It looks like this (only an excerpt)

name: edulib-config
version: 0.2.0
patches:
  openedx-common-settings: |
    # EDUlib common features
    FEATURES["SHOW_FOOTER_LANGUAGE_SELECTOR"] = False
    FEATURES["SHOW_HEADER_LANGUAGE_SELECTOR"] = True

I have enabled the plugin, I have run tutor config save and rebuilt the openedx image.

Where can I make sure the values where correctly applied? I don’t see the new values applied under $(tutor config printroot)/env/apps/openedx/config/lms.env.json or $(tutor config printroot)/env/apps/openedx/config/cms.env.json

Am I doing something wrong?

I was expecting them to be in

$(tutor config printroot)/config.yml

or

$(tutor config printroot)/env/apps/openedx/config/lms.env.json

or

$(tutor config printroot)/env/apps/openedx/config/cms.env.json

I found them in the files under

$(tutor config printroot)/env/apps/openedx/settings/lms

and

$(tutor config printroot)/env/apps/openedx/settings/cms

Is this the right place? The __init__.py, development.py, test.py and production.py do seem to be recreated when I run “tutor config save”

Yes, that’s where the python settings files are rendered.

$(tutor config printroot)/env/apps/openedx/settings/{cms, lms}/{production, development, test}.py

2 Likes

Thanks @BbrSofiane

I was also inadvertently using the wrong patch location in my plugins when I first tried.

I now also see the modifications applied to the lms.env.json file when I put common-env-features instead of what I used previously. I finally understood the patch system put in place by Tutor. Progress!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.