What is the right plugin patches environment to alter studio.yml?

I know that lms.yml can be altered with “lms-env”. What’s the correct thing to alter studio.yml? (I searched these forums and didn’t see anyone editing studio-env.)

@knoise it is cms-env

Thanks! That was my guess, but I was doing the steps here, which said to edit the studio.yml

https://edx.readthedocs.io/projects/edx-installing-configuring-and-running/en/latest/configuration/youtube_api.html

and I made a plugin like this:

name: YTAPI_Plugin
version: 0.1.0
patches:
lms-env: |
“YOUTUBE_API_KEY”: “Redacted

cms-env: |
  "YOUTUBE_API_KEY": "*Redacted*"

But I still couldn’t import video transcripts from YouTube, so I didn’t know if it was working or not.

Is there a place I can find the studio.yml to see that it got inserted properly?

The lms.env.json and cms.env.json files are located in $(tutor config printroot)/env/apps/openedx/config/

You may also need to patch openedx-cms-production-settings and add the following as well

YOUTUBE_API_KEY = 'PUT_YOUR_API_KEY_HERE'

I am not seeing it anywhere except in the openedx common.py and production.py

@regis, is this correct?

Yeah I found that through grepping (my change from the plugin went into there), but I’m specifically looking for the studio.yml mentioned on that Open edX page

@knoise studio.yml was replaced with cms.yml I believe in Juniper

Ah, I see. I guess the ReadTheDocs docs are just out of date then.

Exactly. You should open a PR to fix these docs :wink:

Submitted a PR for that page :smiley:

Scratch that, closed it. studio.yml is correct in the Native Install. Tutor is using cms.yml, sorry for the confusion.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.