Tutor edit local code

Hi! I want to change some code of xblock-lti-consumer on my development environment, but I cannot find the correct place to edit the files. Can anyone help me with this issue? Thank you very much!!

2 Likes

Hi @Yanke ,
Custom XBlocks must be replaced to

“$(tutor config printroot)/env/build/openedx/requirements”

folder. After installation an rebuilding your platform, it’s possible to edit there.

1 Like

Hi qali! thank you for your help! I didn’t want to change the entire Xblock, just the xblock-lti-consumer. I’m not sure does this makes any difference. We tried this method, however, we get an error like this:

xblock_config_courseeditltifieldsenabledflag: (models.E028) db_table ‘xblock_config_courseeditltifieldsenabledflag’ is used by multiple models: xblock_config.CourseEditLTIFieldsEnabledFlag, lti_consumer.CourseAllowPIISharingInLTIFlag.

I don’t know if you have seen this kind of error before, it seems the two versions have some conflicts. Do you have any idea of this? Btw, thank you for your response!!!

Hi Yanke,
unfortunately I have no experience with this Xblock, or have seen any similar errors before.

The LTI Xblock is already installed as part of the requirements of edx-platform in the openedx Docker container. Thus, you should not attempt to install another version on top of it. If you want to hack on it, you need to bind-mount the corresponding folder:

tutor dev bindmount lms /openedx/venv/lib/python3.8/site-packages/lti_consumer
tutor dev runserver --volume=/openedx/venv/lib/python3.8/site-packages/lti_consumer lms

For more explanations about the bindmount command, check the docs: Open edX development — Tutor documentation

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.