Translations in Tutor

Dear All,

first of all I would like to congratulate you on your Tutor initiative which looks promising for the future of Open edX.

I have been using and installing various Open edX versions for some years now by using the native installation procedure and I thought I should give Tutor a try, since this native installation procedure will become deprecated.

I have installed the latest Tutor version, but I think there are many things different from the native installation. One of them is translations, for which I am facing the following problem.

I have downloaded and installed Tutor using these instructions: Quickstart (1-click install) — Tutor documentation

I ran: ‘tutor local quickstart’ and everything was in place.

And I also made an admin user, so far so good.

I created this folder for my greek translation in “$(tutor config printroot)/env/build/openedx/locale/el/LC_MESSAGES”, where I placed the ‘django.po’ and ‘djangojs.po’ files with my greek translation changes.

I then ran the ‘tutor images build openedx’ and when it finished I ran ‘tutor local stop’ and then ‘tutor local start’, but the changes in translations are not shown.

Is there a step that I have missed?

Best Regards,

Kostas.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.