Theme customisation

Hello. I am trying to add some changes on the theme design, I found this https://github.com/overhangio/indigo but after I installed indigo, followed the intructions to create a config-custom.yml and run the commands

tutor config render \
        --extra-config ./indigo/config.yml \
        --extra-config ./indigo/config-custom.yml \
        ./indigo/theme "$(tutor config printroot)/env/build/openedx/themes/indigo" 

nothing happened.

1. Do you have a explanation why this happening?
  2. I saw that they are two directories for indigo one in my server root /indigo and another in .local/share/tutor/env/build/openedx/themes/indigo. I am not sure in which of the these I have to do changes.
  3. I want to made more changes than those in the indigo customisation tutorial, for example to add some spaces, change fonts and other colors, nothing special but I am not sure if I can modify the files in indigo or should I need to create my own theme directory

What did you expect to happen?

The repository you cloned contains theme templates. When you run render these templates are rendered in the tutor environment. I suggest you make changes to the theme templates, and then run render when you want to see the changes.

I understand. I add some changes in config-custom.yml like welcome message, primary color, titles and links so I expected to see these changes on live site

Did you rebuild the docker image and restart your platform, as indicated in the docs? For developing a new theme, and to avoid re-building the docker image at every change, I suggest you take a look at this section of the docs.

I didn’t know that I need to rebuid the docker image and restart the platform after create the custom config. Now it’s ok, thank you. I would add this in the documentation too, at the step of customization after tutor render commands. And what do you think about indigo? Can I modify css here or shoud I create other theme directory with the same files for the modification?