I have been trying to integrate my institute’s SAML IdP with my Tutor installation. However, I have not been able to make the Login option appear on the Login page. I have followed the official Edx page for integration along with this discussion.
Following are the steps I did:
- Configure my site as a SAML provider.
- Configure SAML Provider using the following settings:
- I can see that the ‘Metadata Ready’ flag is green and I can see the data in the Provider Data section. So apparently this part is working.
- I did/verified the following settings:
- I stepped into the lms container and verified these settings.
- In the lms Production.py:
THIRD_PARTY_AUTH_BACKENDS = “third_party_auth.saml.SAMLAuthBackend”
- Afterwards I restarted the service multiple times but the login screen does not show the option for my IdP. In fact it only shows the username/password option.
- I have built the distribution from sources.
- I am running Edx behind a Reverse Proxy so the Edx system is running without SSL/HTTPS. The SSL connection is terminated at the Reverse Proxy and after that it’s http upto the Edx server. I have a wildcard SSL certificate for my domain, which is served from the Reverse Proxy.
My only guess is that there is probably a dependency that I have to install before it can work, however, I have not been able to find any such mention anywhere.
I have tried most documentation and resources on the Internet. Could someone please let me know what I may be missing?
Also, is there a way to set log level as debug on a Production build?
Any help is greatly appreciated.