Rebuilding ecommerce

We are currently moving from a Koa.3 native installation to a Koa.3 tutor installation.

Koa was the last open-release not to include the Payment MFE. Therefore, I should be able to use a different payment processor than Cybersource or Paypal.

When I rebuild openedx to use our fork, I discovered that ecommerce didn’t include the modifications we put in our fork. For example, our paysafe.py connector is nowhere to be found under /openedx/ecommerce/ecommerce/extensions/payment/processors

Must I assume, I haven’t tried it ti be honest, that I will need to try something like this?
tutor images build ecommerce --build-arg EDX_PLATFORM_REPOSITORY=https://github.com/EDUlib/ecommerce.git --build-arg EDX_PLATFORM_VERSION=edulib-koa.3

I tried it and it didn’t work.

It did not pickup our changes under /openedx/ecommerce/ecommerce/extensions/payment/processors or the SDK for Paysafe we added to our fork directly under what would be /openedx/ecommerce/ecommerce/Paysafe

Any suggestions? That’s a blocker for us right now…

Hi Pierre,

I’m not sure if this helps for your specific issue, but do I remember correctly that at some point you were looking into replacing Open edX ecommerce with WooCommerce, and using webhooks to interface with that?

We’ve been using that approach for a while with edx-configuration up to Lilac, and my colleague @foadlind has just Tutorified that functionality for Maple. The plugin is still experimental but maybe you want to take a look?

Please feel free to disregard this as off-topic, but I figured you might like to know. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Florian

Hi Florian,

You have a good memory as we are indeed using WooCommerce on another Open edX instance for a very specific project. That instance is still running Koa under Native though. We will need to move it to Tutor at some point. Probably later this year.

Thanks for the information about the new plugin. I might take a look at it at some point.

In fact, I might be looking at one of your other plugins for Tutor since we rely heavily on S3 with our current Koa native installation.

Regards,
Pierre

We appreciate feedback on that one too! :smiley:

Almost! You need to set ECOMMERCE_REPOSITORY and ECOMMERCE_VERSION.
See: GitHub - overhangio/tutor-ecommerce: Ecommerce plugin for Tutor

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.