As you may be aware, work on the next named release of Open edX has started! The Build/Test/Release Working Group is hard at work getting the release (codename: “Maple”) ready in time for 2021-12-08T23:00:00Z. Tutor will be the only community installation, as the native installation will be deprecated in this release. This means that we are going to need all the help we can get to upgrade, test and fix Tutor and all its plugins – in particular from you, my dear @maintainers
I am looking for volunteers to handle the upgrade of the following plugins:
- android assigned to @regis (see PR)
- discovery assigned to @michael (see PR)
- ecommerce currently blocked by major issues (see PR)
- forum assigned to @ghassanmas
- indigo theme assigned to @regis (see PR)
- mfe assigned to @shimulch
- minio assigned to @BbrSofiane (see PR)
- notes assigned to @regis (see PR)
- webui assigned to @regis (see PR)
- xqueue assigned to @regis (see PR)
The number of stars corresponds to the relative difficulty of upgrading each plugin, based on my past experience.
If no one steps up for some of these plugins, that’s fine, I can handle it. But I think that taking charge of a plugin is a great way of contributing to the project, and to learn more about the internals of Tutor. You don’t have to be a Tutor maintainer to take charge of the upgrade of a single plugin, but I expect that volunteers would have already contributed to the project in the past.
To learn how to actually upgrade a plugin, you should read “How to upgrade a tutor plugin”, which is a tutorial that I wrote a couple months ago for the Lilac release and it is still relevant today. Please read it!
So, any volunteer? Please respond below or send me a personal message. Thank you very much!