Permission Error when installing theme

I am working to install a theme that is based on indigo. When trying the render step, i get a permission error. I don’t see anything in the readme for tutor about permissions, so is there something I am missing here

tutor@ip-__________:~/.local/share/tutor/env/build/openedx/themes$ tutor config render --extra-config ~/.local/share/tutor/env/build/openedx/themes/Shabazz/config.
yml ~/.local/share/tutor/env/build/openedx/themes/Shabazz/theme "$(tutor config printroot)/env/build/openedx/themes/Shabazz"
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "main.py", line 25, in <module>
  File "tutor/commands/cli.py", line 27, in main
  File "click/core.py", line 1128, in __call__
  File "click/core.py", line 1053, in main
  File "click/core.py", line 1659, in invoke
  File "click/core.py", line 1659, in invoke
  File "click/core.py", line 1395, in invoke
  File "click/core.py", line 754, in invoke
  File "click/decorators.py", line 38, in new_func
  File "tutor/commands/config.py", line 85, in render
  File "tutor/env.py", line 187, in render_all_to
  File "tutor/env.py", line 254, in write_to
PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/home/tutor/.local/share/tutor/env/build/openedx/themes/Shabazz/cms/static/images/favicon.ico'
[1861766] Failed to execute script 'main' due to unhandled exception!

Hello,

Have you already checked the permissions of the file or directory where you have the theme?

I ran chmod +rwx filename on the tutor folder. That didn’t work.

And the owner of the folder you also put it correct?

For example, for my test environment I use the ubuntu user, so the theme directory has this owner

1 Like

Ahh, thanks. I accidentally created it with the root user. I just deleted the whole folder, sudo su tutor to switch to tutor user, and then followed the normal steps.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.