Patch to allow users to view homepage when logged in

Hi all,

I’m trying to allow users to view the homepage even if they’re logged in using FEATURES[“ALWAYS_REDIRECT_HOMEPAGE_TO_DASHBOARD_FOR_AUTHENTICATED_USER”] = False per the OpenEDX docs. Here’s the plugin I’m trying to use:

name: disabledashboardredirect
version: 0.1.0
patches:
  openedx-lms-production-settings: |
    FEATURES["ALWAYS_REDIRECT_HOMEPAGE_TO_DASHBOARD_FOR_AUTHENTICATED_USER"] = False

I’ve confirmed the line is in production.py, but any attempt to visit the homepage while logged in still redirects to /dashboard. Any ideas?

I believe you should use lms-env-features as in tutor/lms.env.json at v12.2.0 · overhangio/tutor · GitHub

Thanks, I tried that as well and didn’t have any luck but I’ll keep tinkering. I believe the lms.env.json features list is different from the OpenEDX FEATURES[] toggles but I could be wrong.

Your first “disabledashboardredirect” patch is correct and should work, according to the upstream source code: edx-platform/views.py at 01027237d7b07084eb86fd4c2978b20a27d3d8ad · edx/edx-platform · GitHub
You did restart the lms container after enabling your plugin, right?

I did a quickstart and even rebooted the server. It’s possible it could be my theme… it’s a heavily modified tailwindcss theme. I’ve ended up working on Richie instead as it’s a more elegant solution to a persistent homepage. Thanks @regis

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.