OpenedX LMS Debugging with tutor

We are following the Open edX development instructions to setup a debugging environment for LMS.

Below are the steps successfully performed:
tutor local quickstart
tutor local stop
tutor images build openedx-dev
tutor dev runserver lms

Now, I downloaded the edx-platform repo to /home/ubuntu/Desktop/edx-platform

tutor dev runserver -v /home/ubuntu/Desktop/edx-platform/:/openedx/edx-platform lms
The above command results in the below error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “./manage.py”, line 17, in
log_python_warnings()
File “/openedx/edx-platform/openedx/core/lib/logsettings.py”, line 125, in log_python_warnings
warnings.filterwarnings(‘ignore’, ‘.unclosed.’, category=ResourceWarning)
NameError: global name ‘ResourceWarning’ is not defined
Error: Command failed with status 1: docker-compose -f /home/ubuntu/.local/share/tutor/env/local/docker-compose.yml -f /home/ubuntu/.local/share/tutor/env/dev/docker-compose.yml --project-name tutor_dev run --rm --service-ports -v /home/ubuntu/Desktop/edx-platform/:/openedx/edx-platform lms

Any pointers for the above error? I hope this is replicable elsewhere too.

Further I tried this:
tutor dev run -v /home/ubuntu/Desktop/edx-platform/:/openedx/edx-platform lms bash
pip install --requirement requirements/edx/development.txt

The previous error came up again, expectedly.

File “./manage.py”, line 17, in
log_python_warnings()
File “/openedx/edx-platform/openedx/core/lib/logsettings.py”, line 125, in log_python_warnings
warnings.filterwarnings(‘ignore’, ‘.unclosed.’, category=ResourceWarning)
NameError: global name ‘ResourceWarning’ is not defined

In addition, several errors related to “requirements” installation came up. For e.g.:

requirements/edx/development.txt (line 30))
Collecting astroid==2.3.3 (from -r requirements/edx/development.txt (line 31))
Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement astroid==2.3.3 (from -r requirements/edx/development.txt (line 31))

These appear to be happening because of the older python version 2.x. But strangely there were no errors when tutor images build openedx-dev was run and this step had installed the requirements successfully.

What branch of the edx-platform repository did you clone? (hint: it should be open-release/ironwood.master)

Oh and did you remember to do this? https://docs.tutor.overhang.io/dev.html#prepare-the-edx-platform-repo

Oops. I had cloned a wrong repo. Thanks much. This resolved the issue!