Micro Fontend Setup with Tutor

Hi All,

I’m trying to setup https://github.com/edx/frontend-app-profile in tutor. Trying to understand how to go about doing it. Can anyone point me to documentation or steps on how to go about doing this setup in production.

Thanks & Regards

Hi @g-vijayvergia! This is actually on my TODO-list. I am planning to release a few micro frontend applications (gradebook, profile and account) before Lilac (June 9th). Gradebook was available as beta for Juniper but it requires extensive changes for the migration to Koa.

1 Like

This is promising. Maybe we could community source a cookiecutter template for the implementation of MFA in Tutor? It’d be nice to have some best-practices as a starting point.

2 Likes

Thanks, Yes if you provide the template for the implementation or steps then i would be happy to help.

@regis I’m trying to install tutor-gradebook locally to play around with it. However, when I run pip install -e . I get the following error:

ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement tutor-mfe>=11.0.0 (from tutor-gradebook)
ERROR: No matching distribution found for tutor-mfe>=11.0.0

but I can’t see any tutor-mfe repo in Overhangio. Is the repo private?

@BbrSofiane I had not pushed the repo yet. Here it is: GitHub - overhangio/tutor-mfe: WORK IN PROGRESS

2 Likes

@regis Sorry to keep pestering you :sweat_smile: but I also need the image.

ERROR: pull access denied for overhangio/openedx-gradebook, repository does not exist or may require ‘docker login’: denied: requested access to the resource is denied

Or is the image straightforward to build?

I did not push the images yet, because they are not ready for production, you should build them yourself (with tutor images build mfe gradebook).

1 Like