Introducing... LibreCommit, the Tutor & Open edX live stream!

Hi all! I’m starting a Twitch channel :tv: to live-stream Tutor development and troubleshooting… This is exciting for me because I’ve never done this kind of stuff before :sweat_smile:

Here’s the channel!

:arrow_right: :arrow_right: https://www.twitch.tv/librecommit :arrow_left: :arrow_left:

(I’d appreciate if you hit the “:heart: follow” button :slight_smile: )

So, when do we start? I’ll be doing the first live-stream on Tuesday 2021-01-19T09:00:00Z. I will (attempt to) troubleshoot your issues, right under your eyes. That’s right: you should describe your issue as best as you can in a new forum topic, just like you usually do. Then I’ll go through the list of unanswered issues one by one and describe my thought process as I attempt to resolve it. If I have time I’ll then go on to work on new Tutor features. Here’s the roadmap:

• Make it possible to run edx-platform unit tests on Tutor
  • Fix the Gradebook MFE to run on Koa
  • Make a plugin for the Profile MFE

See you on Tuesday!

7 Likes

That’s indeed a great news ! :heart_eyes:
Thank you @regis

Agreed. This is going to be a great learning opportunity for everyone.

Well… turns out Twitch is really not very compatible with my terrible internet bandwidth. But based on my superficial testing, Youtube seems to work much better, so tomorrow I’ll do a short livestream on my Youtube channel: Overhang IO - YouTube 2021-02-02T10:00:00Z, be there!

3 Likes

OK I quit :crying_cat_face: My internet connection is just too bad. I could stream but the video quality would make the experience unpleasant for viewers.
Optic fiber is supposed to reach my village in the coming months, so I’ll start again streaming then :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes