Install xblock-lti-consumer issue

We are looking to install version 2.9.1 of the xblock-lit-consumer xblock-lti-consumer as it includes the NRP Service.

I know this wasn’t included in the current build so added it following the instructions for a cutom install of an xblock. The new xblock is available (with configs for NRP service) after we have rebuilt our pods but I get an error when I try to publish it within studio. If I check the LMS pods log I can see :

django.db.utils.OperationalError: (1054, “Unknown column ‘lti_consumer_lticonfiguration.config_id’ in ‘field list’”)

I checked the issues on the xblock-lti-consumer git repo and can see mention of :

The migrations are automatically run during instance setup and upgrade, however if you install a newer version of the XBlock they will need to be run manually. If you’re familiar with running paver commands you can run paver update_db . I think with tutor this should be tutor dev run lms paver update_db (though I’m not very familiar with tutor yet so could be wrong here).

Issue

We really would like to use NRPS as it gives us acces to quite a bit of content from our partners but not sure how to get this to work with k8s and tutor setup. If this isn’t a good idea :slight_smile: does anybody know what version of lti-consumer we are currently on so I can guesstimate when this feature might makes it way in?

Just seen Lilac Release notes. Will upgrade to Lilac and retry :slight_smile:

If you don’t want upgrade to Lilac just yet, you can apply migrations very simply with:

tutor local init

Or (takes less time):

tutor local init --limit=lms

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.