I noticed Course creators can access each others content

Hello everyone,
I noticed that the course creators can see, access, and modify another person’s course even without permission, how can I correct this please.

Do the course creators belong to the same university? (i.e: courses have the same “university” field value) Are you quite sure that course creators are not super users as well?

I’m sure they are not superusers, just staff roles, but I’m not quite sure on how to edit the university field

You cannot edit the university field once the course has been created.

but even before creating a course, once a person with staff role log in to studio, they are able to see all courses from other staff, how can I correct this

I don’t know how to change this, but if someone finds out I’m interested in learning about it.

Hey @josoga2, I hope it’s not too late to give my two cents on this.

If you give a user the staff status (IE in the admin panel), you have to think about them as site administrators. They will have pretty much all permissions on all courses, users, etc. That is definitely much more power you course content creators must have.

To give a user permission to create content for a course: go to the Studio, select the course in question, click on configuration -> course team, and add them there:

Funny thing, when you do that, edX will display them as “Staff” as well. However, they will only have permission to create & edit content on the course you added them as course team, not even including changing the course name, dates, etc. That’s where the confusion probably comes from.

Cheers.