How to upgrade tutor to 3.6.0?

Hi. I am currently running tutor, version 3.11.12 and it was installed from direct binary.
edX version is ironwoood.
I did not find any documentation about how to upgrade tutor to specific version. How can I upgrade to version 3.6.0? and will it be ironwood version of open edx in 3.6.0?

Hi

If you are running Tutor 3.11.12, you may want to upgrade to a higher version, for example Tutor 3.12.6, particularly if you want to stay with Ironwood. I guess you may not want to go back to Tutor 3.6.0!

Juniper starts with v10.0.0. But there is a serious bug with it even if you upgrade to v10.1.0. Thus i’m not sure you can put it into production right away, if you intend to use transcripts … see

Video transcript upload generates 500 error

@regis

1 Like

It looks like I made mistake. I do not want to go back to 3.6.0.
I want to use figures. I am facing same issue https://github.com/overhangio/tutor-figures/issues/2.
Can you please tell me how can I fix this issue in Tutor 3.11.12?

Hi

You need to uninstall existing Tutor

sudo rm /usr/local/bin/tutor

Then install Tutor 3.12.6

sudo curl -L "https://github.com/overhangio/tutor/releases/download/v3.12.6/tutor-$(uname -s)_$(uname -m)" -o /usr/local/bin/tutor
sudo chmod 0755 /usr/local/bin/tutor

Tutor local quickstart

you need to build the image

tutor images build openedx

Hi. Thank you for reply. But by uninstalling existing Tutor, I will loose all the data.
Can you please tell me any other way?
Will figures work correctly in Tutor 3.12.6?

No! you won’t loose data!! (Your courses)
Will figures work correctly in Tutor 3.12.6? Yes

Hi @nachham. Thank you for reply. I followed above steps and upgraded tutor to 3.12.6.
I am still seeing 0 Number of enrolled learners. Can you please tell me how can I fix this?

@regis. Can you please tell me how can I fix issue in figures?

Try to add some fictive users to the course.

Hi @nachham. I added fictive users, but I am still seeing 0 Number of enrolled learners.

Sorry @sajid: unfortunately I cannot provide free support for users of Ironwood anymore.