How to properly build ironwood.2 build image

Well.

I need to install ironwood.2 version of OpenEDX (My themes are not compatible with newer versions)
How to do this?

When Using new tutor (current version) and tries to replace EDX Platform variables with
ironwood.2 instead of lilac build fails with:

Collecting dm.xmlsec.binding==1.3.3
  Downloading dm.xmlsec.binding-1.3.3.tar.gz (120 kB)
    ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1:
     command: /openedx/venv/bin/python -c 'import sys, setuptools, tokenize; sys.argv[0] = '"'"'/tmp/pip-install-vkdjj2bm/dm.xmlsec.binding/setup.py'"'"'; __file__='"'"'/tmp/pip-install-vkdjj2bm/dm.xmlsec.binding/setup.py'"'"';f=getattr(tokenize, '"'"'open'"'"', open)(__file__);code=f.read().replace('"'"'\r\n'"'"', '"'"'\n'"'"');f.close();exec(compile(code, __file__, '"'"'exec'"'"'))' egg_info --egg-base /tmp/pip-install-vkdjj2bm/dm.xmlsec.binding/pip-egg-info
         cwd: /tmp/pip-install-vkdjj2bm/dm.xmlsec.binding/
    Complete output (6 lines):
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
      File "/tmp/pip-install-vkdjj2bm/dm.xmlsec.binding/setup.py", line 72
        print "Warning : cflag %s skipped" % flag
              ^
    SyntaxError: Missing parentheses in call to 'print'. Did you mean print("Warning : cflag %s skipped" % flag)?
    ----------------------------------------

When I try to use Old tutor and Dockerfile from templates from that tutor repo (3.8.0)

It stops at:

OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘/openedx/venv/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/Open_edX-0.11-py2.7.egg’

So how should I do that?
Should I use old tutor? Or new one?
Should I use ironwood.2 or should I build it with lilac and copy files somehow or what?

Tried koa.2
Ended with this:

FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/openedx/venv/lib/python3.8/site-packages/Open_edX-0.12-py3.8.egg'

How did I get this?

Replication way:

On Clean system:
curl -L “https://github.com/overhangio/tutor/releases/download/v12.1.6/tutor-$(uname -s)_$(uname -m)” -o /usr/local/bin/tutor
chmod 0755 /usr/local/bin/tutor
tutor config save --interactive
And after setting my domain:
tutor images build openedx --build-arg EDX_PLATFORM_VERSION=open-release/ironwood.2
or master :slight_smile:

First error is dm.xmlsec.binding
after solving this there was py2neo, pystache
and I ended with ipaddr poping out Error and

Collecting mysql-python==1.2.5
Downloading MySQL-python-1.2.5.zip (108 kB)
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘ConfigParser’

Maybe someone more familiar with this system can replicate this or point me my mistakes?

I’m just trying to install clean ironwood.2 or ironwood.master
What I’m doing wrong ?

Hi,
Unfortunately we do not provide support for older releases of Open edX. However, I can tell you this: building an Ironwood image with Tutor v12 will not work. You will need to install Tutor v3. You can do so by running: pip install tutor-openedx<10.0.0.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.