How to install a plugin(xblock) and use it in tutor for development

Hi,

I do get to know how to run a custom plugin in production but I am not getting how to run in development

consider the following example. I want to use the following xblock

Basically We are running our code using the following command
tutor dev runserver -v /path/of/repo:/openedx/edx-platform lms/cms
the commands that we ran for installing is
tutor dev run -v /path-of-repo:/openedx/edx-platform lms bash

following is the log

openedx@c7c72c7edef1:~/edx-platform$ git clone https://github.com/xristallasa/xblock-codeeditor.git
openedx@c7c72c7edef1:~/edx-platform$ pip install xblock-codeeditor/
Processing ./xblock-codeeditor
Requirement already satisfied: XBlock in /openedx/venv/lib/python2.7/site-packages (from codeeditor-xblock==0.1)
Requirement already satisfied: lxml in /openedx/venv/lib/python2.7/site-packages (from XBlock->codeeditor-xblock==0.1)
Requirement already satisfied: python-dateutil in /openedx/venv/lib/python2.7/site-packages (from XBlock->codeeditor-xblock==0.1)
Requirement already satisfied: pytz in /openedx/venv/lib/python2.7/site-packages (from XBlock->codeeditor-xblock==0.1)
Requirement already satisfied: markupsafe in /openedx/venv/lib/python2.7/site-packages (from XBlock->codeeditor-xblock==0.1)
Requirement already satisfied: pyyaml in /openedx/venv/lib/python2.7/site-packages (from XBlock->codeeditor-xblock==0.1)
Requirement already satisfied: web-fragments in /openedx/venv/lib/python2.7/site-packages (from XBlock->codeeditor-xblock==0.1)
Requirement already satisfied: fs in /openedx/venv/lib/python2.7/site-packages (from XBlock->codeeditor-xblock==0.1)
Requirement already satisfied: six in /openedx/venv/lib/python2.7/site-packages (from XBlock->codeeditor-xblock==0.1)
Requirement already satisfied: webob in /openedx/venv/lib/python2.7/site-packages (from XBlock->codeeditor-xblock==0.1)
Requirement already satisfied: enum34~=1.1.6; python_version < "3.4" in /openedx/venv/lib/python2.7/site-packages (from fs->XBlock->codeeditor-xblock==0.1)
Requirement already satisfied: appdirs~=1.4.3 in /openedx/venv/lib/python2.7/site-packages (from fs->XBlock->codeeditor-xblock==0.1)
Requirement already satisfied: setuptools in /openedx/venv/lib/python2.7/site-packages (from fs->XBlock->codeeditor-xblock==0.1)
Building wheels for collected packages: codeeditor-xblock
  Running setup.py bdist_wheel for codeeditor-xblock ... done
  Stored in directory: /openedx/.cache/pip/wheels/35/10/c0/09885beb58415579418e3182d7f716f851aad9d620793ae371
Successfully built codeeditor-xblock
Installing collected packages: codeeditor-xblock
Successfully installed codeeditor-xblock-0.1
You are using pip version 9.0.3, however version 20.1 is available.
You should consider upgrading via the 'pip install --upgrade pip' command

After this i restarted both cms and lms. and added in advance module in cms but i didn’t find it int he advance component.

Hi @vsvvssrao
can you tell me how to do that??

@kottab @vsvvssrao

https://docs.tutor.overhang.io/configuration.html#installing-extra-xblocks-and-requirements

@ejklock,

I need for dev mode not in production mode

@vsvvssrao It’s pretty much the same in development and production: https://docs.tutor.overhang.io/dev.html#xblock-and-edx-platform-plugin-development
Basically, you need to install the xblock in editable mode with the -e flag in private.txt.

Hi @regis,

I understood how to run but once I added in private.txt and building the openedx image I am facing the following error

Any idea why this errror is occurring??