How to install a normal edX plugin?

I’d like to install this plugin in my Tutor edX. But I don’t know how. I’m a novice to edX. Thank you in advance!

I think there are people from eduNEXT who might be able to help you with the installation of this app in Tutor (wink @eric.herrera @NeOneSoft :wink:).

Hi @fishfree, I think you can do the following:

1. First you need to install the plugin as an extra requirement. To do that you can use the instructions given in the Tutor docs Configuration and customisation — Tutor documentation. Use this git+https://github.com/edunext/seb-openedx.git@v1.0.0#egg=seb-openedx==1.0.0 as the requirement entry. Don’t forget to re-build your docker image.
  2. Then you need to add some settings. To do that in Tutor the easiest way is to create a yaml plugin with the following content:
name: seb_openedx
version: 0.1.0
patches:
  lms-env: |
    "EXTRA_MIDDLEWARE_CLASSES": ["seb_openedx.middleware.SecureExamBrowserMiddleware"]
  cms-env: |
    "EXTRA_MIDDLEWARE_CLASSES": ["seb_openedx.middleware.SecureExamBrowserMiddleware"]

You need to place that file in the plugins folder and enable it. Check this instructions for more information Getting started with plugin development — Tutor documentation.
3. Finally you just need to reload settings and pull images in case you are currently running Tutor or just follow quickstart instructions in case you are setting up a new Tutor installation. Follow the docs in any case Local deployment — Tutor documentation.
Let me know if you have any questions or problems with that.