Enable section milestones

Hi!

What is the best way to enable section completion achievement on Lilac like the one we see in edx.org’ courses.

Thanks!

1 Like

I have no idea. Please add more information, such as the url of the page where this notification is displayed, along with the source code of the modal.

Hi Regis,

This image appears at the end of a section in a course,

It has been mentioned in the release notes

The source code seems to be here

Thanks
HN

Did you try creating a Tutor plugin that enables this feature? By default, it is disabled. If it works out of the box, then we could consider enabling it by default in Tutor.

Yes I did

“ENABLE_MILESTONES_APP”: true,
“ENABLE_PREREQUISITE_COURSES”: true

In Studio, i can only change prequisites (i.e set a given section as a prequisite to another), I don’t see anywhere how to set a section as a content milestone so that the learner sees his/her “congrats” image…

Thanks

According to the edx-platform, source code, the documentation is wrong: you should set the MILESTONES_APP feature flag, and not the ENABLE_MILESTONES_APP: edx-platform/milestones_helpers.py at 16b6d2e87c753d1eb787caf45fd1883e0ef0bb42 · edx/edx-platform · GitHub

The developer who write these docs is clearly incompetent and should be whipped. Oh merde, that’s me!

I’ll open a PR to fix the docs.*

EDIT: here is the PR: fix: Milestones app feature flag docs by regisb · Pull Request #28036 · edx/edx-platform · GitHub

Thanks @regis

Funny! yet we are only half way to the solution. The documentation is missing HOW to activate the milestone and fire up the congrats image when the milestone is reached

(Studio allows only setting prequisites)
Is there a need for a Badgeting Service or something?

name: milestone
version: 0.1.0
patches:
  common-env-features: |
    "MILESTONES_APP": True

As far as I understand, you need to enable subsection prerequisites in the course advanced settings:

Then, the prerequisite setting will become visible in the subsection advanced settings:

Note that the “common-env-features” is a JSON-formatted patch, so booleans are written as “true/false” (in lower case) and not as “True/False”:

name: milestone
version: 0.1.0
patches:
  common-env-features: |
    "MILESTONES_APP": true

Thank you @regis

Yes! I can see this very screen on my server, Yet! I do not know how to go further and “trigger” the image “Congrats” when this section is completed.

Cheers.

That I do not know because I never actually used the milestones app :-/ If you find out I’d love to have a tutorial!

I will.
Thanks!
Cheers

@nachham have been able to work this out? triggering the image?

Nope!

No one seems to know how to proceed.

Sorry.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.