Enable badges using Tutor Open Edx

Hello, how can i install badgr server on tutor?
@regis @ak00001 @antoviaque @alanoneill
I’ve found this

To enable badges, you modify the lms.yml and studio.yml files, which are located one level above the edx-platform directory.

In the lms.yml and studio.yml files, in the FEATURES section, set the value of ENABLE_OPENBADGES to True.

# Enable OpenBadge support.
'ENABLE_OPENBADGES': True,

In lms.yml, set the values for the following parameters.

BADGR_API_TOKEN: A string containing the API token for the Badgr superuser account. Obtain the token from the /v1/user/auth-token page while logged in to the API as the superuser.

BADGR_BASE_URL: A string containing the base URL for Badgr Server. The Badgr Server must be installed at a publicly accessible IP address.

BADGR_ISSUER_SLUG: A string that is the slug for the Badgr issuer. The slug can be obtained from the URL of the Badgr Server page that displays the issuer. For example, in the URL http://exampleserver.com/issuer/test-issuer, the issuer slug is test-issuer.

############## Badgr OpenBadges generation ##############

BADGR_API_TOKEN = None
    # Do not add the trailing slash here.
    BADGR_BASE_URL = "http://localhost:8005"
    BADGR_ISSUER_SLUG = "test-issuer"

Save the lms.yml and studio.yml files.

Run database migrations.

Restart the Studio and Learning Management System processes so that the updated environment configurations are loaded.

Select Site Administration > Badges > Course complete image configurations , and then define a course complete image configuration for each course mode on your platform for which you want to issue badges upon course completion. Examples of course modes are “professional” or “advanced” or “basic”.

For each course complete badge image configuration, set these parameters.

Mode: The course mode for which the badge image should be used.

Icon: The badge image to use for the specified course mode.

Important

Be sure to replace the default badge images with your organization’s own badge images before any badges are issued.

Optionally, you can define a badge image that will be used as the default badge image for any course modes that do not have an explicitly specified badge image.

To do so, in the course complete image configuration that references the image you want to use as a default, select the Default checkbox. After you save the configuration, this badge image is used for any course completion badge configurations that do not have a badge image explicitly specified.

Note

You can specify only one default badge image.

To activate badges

Admin panel: Badge Classes -> Add badge class (fill in slug from server, fill in display name, fill in course ID, fill in description, fill in criteria or link to course landing page, select “honor” mode, upload badge image)

Developer needs to award certificate to a test account (to get the slug from the server)

How to get the to get the slug from the server?
How to enable that on tutor?
I am not sur if I understood whether I can enable badging through tutor? Is that possible?

Thank you in advance

1 Like