Dev Image in Maple Release

I was setting up my environment for the Maple release and found out that openedx-dev is depreciated.

Previously, openedx-dev is what I was using for custom image development and the new alternative below doesn’t build on the openedx custom image like it previously did, but instead builds on a clean openedx image.

tutor dev dc build lms

I ended up using the same build-arg tags (below) I used to build the openedx image for building the dev image.

tutor dev dc build --build-arg EDX_PLATFORM_REPOSITORY="https://github.com" --build-arg EDX_PLATFORM_VERSION=maple --no-cache lms

It will be really helpful if the documentation specified that the new dev image creation flow works differently with the old openedx-dev image flow.

Hi @uetuluk,

This change is listed as a breaking change in the changelog. To me, this signals that some of the previous workflows might work differently from what they used to. Maybe I didn’t fully understand what you mean so feel free to correct me :slight_smile: .

1 Like

Hello @BbrSofiane,

Thank you for your reply.
I believe the documentation website didn’t update yet when I had this question.

I included my comment about building custom images for development to help anyone who might be confused when their development image from tutor dev dc build lms doesn’t use the custom repo when they follow the instructions for the openedx image here.

This is how I created the development image with the custom repo for Maple.

tutor dev dc build --build-arg EDX_PLATFORM_REPOSITORY="CUSTOM GITHUB REPO" --build-arg EDX_PLATFORM_VERSION=maple --no-cache lms
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.