Codejail (unavailable) while installing requirements

Hi All,

I have bind volume edx-platform , while installing requirements I got error

ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement codejail (unavailable) (from versions: none)
ERROR: No matching distribution found for codejail (unavailable)

I am trying to install requirements :

pip install --requirement requirements/edx/development.txt

Why this can be happen?.

1. What exact commands are you running?
  2. Which tutor version are you using?
  3. What is the version of your fork of edx-platform? Are you quite sure that you forked from the latest open-release/maple.1 tag?

I was unable to reproduce your issue. Here is what I did:

tutor local run --no-deps lms bash

Thank you very much for replying,

I am adding same additional information for reproduce the error but currently I am faced with addtional error :

The error :

Building wheel for xblock-drag-and-drop-v2 (setup.py) ... done
  Created wheel for xblock-drag-and-drop-v2: filename=xblock_drag_and_drop_v2-2.3.5-py3-none-any.whl size=607795 sha256=46812eeb344ecda2d31ac5293d7352377298c5b3498a11f717f75d3a3987feff
  Stored in directory: /tmp/pip-ephem-wheel-cache-gsoc29f9/wheels/ed/ab/6c/0ad538b0c58090f144804fd2508fc2da4840ba7c6b6e6d970f
Successfully built xblock-drag-and-drop-v2
Failed to build libsass mysqlclient python-levenshtein pywatchman xmlsec
ERROR: Could not build wheels for xmlsec, which is required to install pyproject.toml-based projects

My tutor versionstrong text: tutor, version 12.1.7

I have cloned GitHub - edx/edx-platform to my local folder : /home/{myusername}/.local/share/tutor/volumes/openedx/edx-platform and switched the tag to open-release/maple.1 using git checkout tags/open-release/maple.1 command on edx-platform folder.

After the change of the tag I used this command on edx-platorm folder (not in container on my machine) for installing requirements

This command not ending this

Then this command gives me such error :

Building wheel for xblock-drag-and-drop-v2 (setup.py) ... done
  Created wheel for xblock-drag-and-drop-v2: filename=xblock_drag_and_drop_v2-2.3.5-py3-none-any.whl size=607795 sha256=46812eeb344ecda2d31ac5293d7352377298c5b3498a11f717f75d3a3987feff
  Stored in directory: /tmp/pip-ephem-wheel-cache-gsoc29f9/wheels/ed/ab/6c/0ad538b0c58090f144804fd2508fc2da4840ba7c6b6e6d970f
Successfully built xblock-drag-and-drop-v2
Failed to build libsass mysqlclient python-levenshtein pywatchman xmlsec
ERROR: Could not build wheels for xmlsec, which is required to install pyproject.toml-based projects

I tried to run development server also running this command but also it gives me error :slight_smile:

2022-01-05 06:56:08,398 WARNING 1 [py.warnings] [user None] [ip None] warnings.py:109 - /openedx/venv/lib/python3.8/site-packages/newrelic/core/application.py:26: DeprecationWarning: the imp module is deprecated in favour of importlib; see the module's documentation for alternative uses
  import imp

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/openedx/edx-platform/openedx/core/djangoapps/coursegraph/tasks.py", line 19, in <module>
    from py2neo.matching import NodeMatcher
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'py2neo.matching'

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./manage.py", line 103, in <module>
    startup.run()
  File "/openedx/edx-platform/lms/startup.py", line 20, in run
    django.setup()
  File "/openedx/venv/lib/python3.8/site-packages/django/__init__.py", line 24, in setup
    apps.populate(settings.INSTALLED_APPS)
  File "/openedx/venv/lib/python3.8/site-packages/django/apps/registry.py", line 91, in populate
    app_config = AppConfig.create(entry)
  File "/openedx/venv/lib/python3.8/site-packages/django/apps/config.py", line 116, in create
    mod = import_module(mod_path)
  File "/opt/pyenv/versions/3.8.6/lib/python3.8/importlib/__init__.py", line 127, in import_module
    return _bootstrap._gcd_import(name[level:], package, level)
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1014, in _gcd_import
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 991, in _find_and_load
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 975, in _find_and_load_unlocked
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 671, in _load_unlocked
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap_external>", line 783, in exec_module
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 219, in _call_with_frames_removed
  File "/openedx/edx-platform/openedx/core/djangoapps/coursegraph/apps.py", line 11, in <module>
    class CoursegraphConfig(AppConfig):
  File "/openedx/edx-platform/openedx/core/djangoapps/coursegraph/apps.py", line 17, in CoursegraphConfig
    from openedx.core.djangoapps.coursegraph import tasks
  File "/openedx/edx-platform/openedx/core/djangoapps/coursegraph/tasks.py", line 21, in <module>
    from py2neo import NodeMatcher
ImportError: cannot import name 'NodeMatcher' from 'py2neo' (/openedx/venv/src/py2neo/py2neo/__init__.py)
Error: Command failed with status 1: docker-compose -f /home/mshukurlu/.local/share/tutor/env/local/docker-compose.yml -f /home/mshukurlu/.local/share/tutor/env/dev/docker-compose.yml --project-name tutor_dev run --rm --service-ports lms

If you are running tutor v12 then you should base your edx-platform fork on top of the open-release/lilac.3 tag. This is almost certainly what is causing this error.

@regis Thank you for the answer , I solved the problem binding container’s edx-platform as volume and it worked well :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.