Adding other mfe to new lilac system

Hi I’ve been reading the information on the new MFE frontend plugin and was hoping for a bit of direction.

What would be the best way to install the Publisher MFE that exists already? and also, other MFE’s that exist straight out of the box like the gradebook and profile that come down from edx repositories as default in tutor mfe

Would it be a using a cookie cutter plugin or a yaml plugin?

thanks for the suggestions in advance

I’m not quite familiar with the changes that are necessary to run the publisher MFE. As far as MFE compilation is concerned, you only need to define a configuration entry, as explained here: GitHub - overhangio/tutor-mfe: WORK IN PROGRESS
Actually, this is exactly the approach taken by the ecommerce plugin, which relies on the payment and the ecommerce MFEs: tutor-ecommerce/plugin.py at 7f59573c95ceb44d482b08e1532f54b1ee6112d6 · overhangio/tutor-ecommerce · GitHub

So, if you don’t need to define extra templates or commands, a yaml plugin should suffice.

Thank you I will examine that a bit more and see if I can figure it out

Hello, what kind of file and file path would you put the added config mentioned in GitHub - overhangio/tutor-mfe ?

Pardon me as I’m totally new at this.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.