Adding custom static page to courseware tabs

Hi,

It’s me again :smiley:

I have a question about how to add a custom page to courseware tabs. I know the studio has a panel to add dynamic pages but I want to add a static page like “Dates”, “Progress” to all courses.

Is there a way to add static page course tabs, and show them in the studio pages panel?

And should be listed here for sorting or hiding.

Thanks,
Ibrahim

After searching multiple times found a way to add custom tabs. Here is the link I follow to add tabs but the documentation is deprecated in some way and I searched Github for new repos using this feature and found an example to do that.

I follow that links and built a Django plugin to add custom tabs. You can install the Django plugin to Tutor. Link is in bellow

Thanks

1 Like

This sounds interesting! Is there any way that you could post your code or a template of how you built it?

Or, is as simple as putting the directory references in openedx/requirements/private.txt?

/path/to/openedx/requirements/eol_completion
 /path/to/openedx/requirements/eol_completion

Hi @tony-h ,

I couldn’t share the templates at this time but I can give you some information about how to deploy a package to Tutor.

First of all, if you don’t have an idea of how to create a Django plugin you can follow the edX cookiecutter repo. Here is the link.

At the development stage of the plugin, you can work inside of requirements folder $(tutor config printroot)/env/build/openedx/requirements and add the project folder to your private.txt file like -e ./myplugin.

And of course, you should build images for the first time of development. Run tutor images build openedx and tutor images build openedx-dev commands for development. For development, you can start the server with tutor dev runserver cms command. I should say if you do all things I wrote it still does not show tabs until you don’t add a plugin inside of Advanced Module List.

I hope this message will help you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.