Activation code not received after registering on studio

when i open studio and register than it is directed to a page
Thankyou for registering we have sent you a activation code
but i am unable to receive any activation code
when i check containers information like in smtp
it shows

Someone from @experts wants to answer this one? It’s almost certain that this issue is similar to this other one (“cannot assign requested address” error).

Hi @snighdha09. After checking the logs you provided and the previous related thread, I think that your Tutor configuration is kind of “overlapped”. It seems that you are trying to use Tutor SMTP server (namshi/smtp) and the Gmail SMTP server at the same time. First you need to select one of those two options. Let’s say that you want to use Gmail SMTP server. In that case you don’t need the Namshi SMTP server, so you need to set RUN_SMTP to False. Then you need to set these other settings Configuration and customisation — Tutor documentation. In summary your settings should look like:

• RUN_SMTP: false
  • SMTP_HOST: smtp.gmail.com
  • SMTP_PORT: 587
  • SMTP_USERNAME: your_username
  • SMTP_PASSWORD your_password
  • SMTP_USE_TLS: false
  • SMTP_USE_SSL: true
    Remeber to reload settings following these instructions Local deployment — Tutor documentation

If instead what you want to do is to use the Tutor SMTP server (Namshi, no TLS support), then you just need to set RUN_SMTP to True, and you can use default values for all other SMTP related settings.

1 Like

error is still comming and when i register it shows a message