Update Issue since Maple

We have updated to Maple today. We have had a few issues as we are using Kubernetes (building the necessary mfe container). I think we have ironed out all but one issue. When we are logged in to the learner dashboard it gives us a 500 error. If we click on a “view course” it gives us a white page.

Studio seems to be working okay. The LMS pod log shows multiple errors with:

File “/openedx/venv/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pymongo/topology.py”, line 482, in get_server_session
self._select_servers_loop(
File “/openedx/venv/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pymongo/topology.py”, line 208, in _select_servers_loop
raise ServerSelectionTimeoutError(
pymongo.errors.ServerSelectionTimeoutError: No servers found yet

I have added material to a course in studio and that seemed to work. Has anybody seen this error?

The dashboard does work for non-staff users but when you try and view a course it gives an “There was an error loading this course.” in the microfront end.

Hi,

Check if my post is useful to you and a possible solution to your problem

It looks like the LMS is not able to reach the MongoDb cluster. Do you have a particular MongoDb setup? For instance: do you run your MongoDb cluster separately from Tutor?

2 posts were split to a new topic: Server selection timeout

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.