Server Specifications for more than 150.000 user enrollments

I discussed with the administrator of a large Open edX platform: with 500k unique visitors per week, their LMS require 16 GB of RAM with 8 vCPU. Note that this is just for the LMS, as all the stateful services (MySQL, MongoDb, Elasticsearch) are moved to separate servers.

4 Likes

Thanks for the info!

@regis I have been so caught up in our next generation platform and I appreciate the communication! Can we discuss getting together and paying for your services to get us support for a time? I need to speak with you asap as I have my mandate from my CIO.

what was the status of the discussion. were you able to load up to 150k userbase ? this is huge and will require a good tech team to manage it.

Hello, not yet :slight_smile:

That was the worst scenario. Because we have other platforms with that amount of registrations from the education community.

At the moment we have about 6.000 registrations. And in the near future in Feb or March, we will have definitely the double amount, so we will investigate our options on scaling-up, etc. We will provide our feedback.

1 Like