Problem fetching SAML IdP metadata

Hi, another MTU related obbservation $ tutor local importdemocourse. Same as above.

Hello, bump here. Is it possible to say for “tutor” commands to ignore MTU change of “tutor_local_default” network? If I want to run mentioned commands below:

• ~$ tutor local stop
  • ~$ sudo docker container prune
  • ~$ sudo docker network rm tutor_local_default
  • ~$ mv “$(tutor config printroot)/env/local/docker-compose.override.yml” “$(tutor config printroot)/env/local/docker-compose.override.yml.old”
  • ~$ tutor local start -d
  • run needed “tutor” command
  • ~$ tutor local stop
  • ~$ sudo docker container prune
  • ~$ sudo docker network rm tutor_local_default
  • ~$ mv “$(tutor config printroot)/env/local/docker-compose.override.yml.old” “$(tutor config printroot)/env/local/docker-compose.override.yml”
  • ~$ tutor local start -d

This works fine (regardless of the number of commands) until HTTPS is not needed. But for example " ~$ tutor local importdemocourse" - here it doesn’t fail because of check for MTU changes in “tutor_local_default” network, but it does timeout and fail when downloading course via HTTPS protocol because of the MTU size. Error message here: tutor local importdemocourse - Pastebin.com.

Have anybody idea how to force tutor commands to execute with changed MTU of network without error message?

Hello, I have an update. I have managed to solve the docker-compose problem "ERROR: Network “tutor_local_default needs to be recreated - option “com.docker.network.driver.mtu” has changed” by docker-compose.override.yml - fixed - Pastebin.com

I have solved the problem by running all containers in a newly defined network with the modified MTU “tutor_local_default_mtu”. However, since the temporal “service” container tasks also run “docker-compose.jobs.yml” (I can’t make an override for it, which “tutor local” loads). So the service containers (mysql-job, lms-job, cms-job, forum-job) connects to the “tutor_local_default” network, I had to still connect the production image to the same network

Changing the network name for the tutor containers solved almost all the problems, except for the commands where tutor runs “docker-compose.jobs.yml”, hence such as “tutor local importdemocourse” - because of MTU he cannot git clone https.

Do you have any idea how to fix it?

I can imagine a solution - for “tutor local” when loading “docker-compose.jobs.yml”, so that the tutor also loads for example “docker-compose.jobs.override.yml”. This would hopefully solve all the MTU problems we have.

This is certainly possible. Could you please try out the following PR, see if it works for you? docs: using docker-compose.override.yml by regisb ¡ Pull Request #486 ¡ overhangio/tutor ¡ GitHub

@mlebeda The feature you are asking for is now available in the Tutor master branch.

1 Like

Hello, sorry for the late response, I was on vacation. Thank you very much for your excellent work. I will test the functionality during the week and give feedback asap.

edit: Good news - I have compiled master and tried - new feature works like a charm with docker-compose.override.yml and docker-compose.jobs.override.yml. Thank you very much for fixing this issue.

Hello,
after new major Tutor release (v13.0.0) changes I created new modified files needed for proper MTU handling: docker-compose.override.yml and docker-compose.jobs.override.yml

Thank you for your work. :slight_smile: