OAuth issues after SMTP config edits & tutor/lms restart

Hi,

I have issues with django user authentication after editing my config.yml and restarting a bunch of times, and so now it hangs on login. I lost something.

Error on login is:

• OAuth Client for the Login service, ‘login-service-client-id’, is not configured.

All I did was edit config.yml and start and restart a bunch of times, trying to get SMTP to work with FastMail (it’s still not working, but that’s a different story).

Here’s the relevant bit of log:

No migrations to apply.
Your models have changes that are not yet reflected in a migration, and so won’t be applied.
Run ‘manage.py makemigrations’ to make new migrations, and then re-run ‘manage.py migrate’ to apply them.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “./manage.py”, line 123, in
execute_from_command_line([sys.argv[0]] + django_args)
File “/openedx/venv/lib/python3.8/site-packages/django/core/management/init.py”, line 381, in execute_from_command_line
utility.execute()
File “/openedx/venv/lib/python3.8/site-packages/django/core/management/init.py”, line 375, in execute
self.fetch_command(subcommand).run_from_argv(self.argv)
File “/openedx/venv/lib/python3.8/site-packages/django/core/management/base.py”, line 323, in run_from_argv
self.execute(*args, **cmd_options)
File “/openedx/venv/lib/python3.8/site-packages/django/core/management/base.py”, line 364, in execute
output = self.handle(*args, **options)
File “/openedx/edx-platform/openedx/core/djangoapps/oauth_dispatch/management/commands/create_dot_application.py”, line 137, in handle
user = User.objects.get(username=username)
File “/openedx/venv/lib/python3.8/site-packages/django/db/models/manager.py”, line 82, in manager_method
return getattr(self.get_queryset(), name)(*args, **kwargs)
File “/openedx/venv/lib/python3.8/site-packages/django/db/models/query.py”, line 406, in get
raise self.model.DoesNotExist(
django.contrib.auth.models.DoesNotExist: User matching query does not exist.

lms log:

2021-02-16 23:48:48,275 INFO 7 [audit] [user 5] [ip 69.124.74.10] models.py:2478 - Login success - user.id: 5
lms_1 | 2021-02-16 23:48:48,385 ERROR 7 [edx.student] [user 5] [ip 69.124.74.10] login.py:508 - {‘success’: False, ‘value’: Markup(‘OAuth Client for the Login service, 'login-service-client-id', is not configured.’)}
lms_1 | Traceback (most recent call last):
lms_1 | File “./openedx/core/djangoapps/user_authn/cookies.py”, line 318, in _get_login_oauth_client
lms_1 | return Application.objects.get(client_id=login_client_id)
lms_1 | File “/openedx/venv/lib/python3.8/site-packages/django/db/models/manager.py”, line 82, in manager_method
lms_1 | return getattr(self.get_queryset(), name)(*args, **kwargs)
lms_1 | File “/openedx/venv/lib/python3.8/site-packages/django/db/models/query.py”, line 406, in get
lms_1 | raise self.model.DoesNotExist(
lms_1 | oauth2_provider.models.Application.DoesNotExist: Application matching query does not exist.
lms_1 |
lms_1 | During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:
lms_1 |
lms_1 | Traceback (most recent call last):
lms_1 | File “./openedx/core/djangoapps/user_authn/views/login.py”, line 501, in login_user
lms_1 | response = set_logged_in_cookies(request, response, possibly_authenticated_user)
lms_1 | File “./openedx/core/djangoapps/user_authn/cookies.py”, line 150, in set_logged_in_cookies
lms_1 | _create_and_set_jwt_cookies(response, request, cookie_settings, user=user)
lms_1 | File “./openedx/core/djangoapps/user_authn/cookies.py”, line 259, in _create_and_set_jwt_cookies
lms_1 | jwt = _create_jwt(request, user, expires_in)
lms_1 | File “./openedx/core/djangoapps/user_authn/cookies.py”, line 274, in _create_jwt
lms_1 | oauth_application = _get_login_oauth_client()
lms_1 | File “./openedx/core/djangoapps/user_authn/cookies.py”, line 320, in _get_login_oauth_client
lms_1 | raise AuthFailedError(
lms_1 | openedx.core.djangoapps.user_authn.exceptions.AuthFailedError

By the way, may I suggest a change in the documentation with respect to editing config.yml: possibly add an example in the documentation, including the stop-restart process, too? The order of operations isn’t entirely clear from the documentation (precisely, what am I stopping, do I only have to stop a specific process, or may I restart one process, etc.)

Hi @pmodv

Did you checked this previous thread Upgrading to Juniper fails with 'User matching query does not exist' - #9 by shashi.kiran, it might solve your problem.

Hello , is there any other way to fix this problem rather than upgrading ???

Doesn’t the config.yml file only contain the contact email address? What did you edit in this file?

The email server config settings (username/password/smtp/tls/etc) are in .local/share/tutor/env/apps/openedx/config/*.env.json

1 Like

Hello @Joel , I set everything to default , now i am facing problem with login with any user , it shows me " * OAuth Client for the Login service, ‘login-service-client-id’, is not configured." , can you help me with that , Thanks in advance

Regret I’m quite new to Tutor/OpenEdX so am not familiar with that error :frowning:
Sorry