Hawthorn version working?

Hello, it’s me again.

Someone in my team wanted to test setting up a Hawthorn-based Platform to test the Database-Migration there first, since going from Hawthorn to Hawthorn should be easy.

During the process (specifically during the DB migration) the following error happens:

Running lms migrations...
Starting tutor_local_smtp_1  ...
Starting tutor_local_smtp_1          ... done
Starting tutor_local_mysql_1 ...
Starting tutor_local_elasticsearch_1 ... done
Starting tutor_local_memcached_1     ... done
Starting tutor_local_rabbitmq_1      ... done
Starting tutor_local_mongodb_1       ... done
Starting tutor_local_forum_1         ... done
2019/04/10 08:50:27 Waiting for: tcp://mysql:3306
2019/04/10 08:50:27 Connected to tcp://mysql:3306
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./manage.py", line 117, in <module>
    startup = importlib.import_module(edx_args.startup)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/importlib/__init__.py", line 37, in import_module
    __import__(name)
  File "/openedx/edx-platform/lms/startup.py", line 9, in <module>
    settings.INSTALLED_APPS  # pylint: disable=pointless-statement
  File "/openedx/venv/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/conf/__init__.py", line 56, in __getattr__
    self._setup(name)
  File "/openedx/venv/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/conf/__init__.py", line 41, in _setup
    self._wrapped = Settings(settings_module)
  File "/openedx/venv/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/conf/__init__.py", line 110, in __init__
    mod = importlib.import_module(self.SETTINGS_MODULE)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/importlib/__init__.py", line 37, in import_module
    __import__(name)
  File "/openedx/edx-platform/lms/envs/tutor/production.py", line 2, in <module>
    from lms.envs.production import *
ImportError: No module named production
Error: Command failed with status 1: docker-compose -f /home/EdxTestServerAdmin/.local/share/tutor/env/local/docker-compose.yml --project-name tutor_local run --rm lms bash -e -c dockerize -wait tcp://mysql:3306 -timeout 20s && ./manage.py lms migrate

Is there any we can fix this on our side?

I also created an Issue on GitHub to keep track of it.

Even though this topic is old, my reply might help someone else in the future. I’m doing a convert from a manually installed Hawthorn to Tutor Ironwood (Tutor 3.12.6), with the idea of then migrating the Tutor 3.12.6 to the latest Tutor, which should work. An issue I found was that the Manual-Hawthorn’s SQL database was called “edxapp”, whereas in the Tutor Ironwood it was called “openedx”. I had to manually edit both the SQL and Mongo dumps, replacing the edxapp with openedx. Then I restored the data, and it worked! If anyone is interested in this, please reply to this entry. Then I will post my complete docs for the migration here.