Es-es does not display

Hi everyone. This is my first post here. I’m really glad of being part of the Tutor comunity.

I’ve installed Tutor and chosen es-es as my default language, but it doesn’t display at all as everything is in English.

I’ve noticed that in django.po and djangojs.po in openedx-i18n/edx-platform/locale/es_ES/LC_MESSAGES at master · openedx/openedx-i18n · GitHub, all msgstr are empty in both files while in any other locale the msgstr are filled with the translated strings.

In edx-platform/conf/locale at 121d51deddf370d2e97a168a6c2d8720b79102d3 · edx/edx-platform · GitHub there’s no es_es, just es_419.

If I chose es_419 during installation process, all works perfectly fine.

Is there something wrong with es_es?

Thanks in advance

Hi @anverg! Thanks for the heads up. This issue is actually a regression. It was fixed before by installing the following fork in the openedx-i18 Docker image: https://github.com/edx/i18n-tools/pull/95 I later remove it (in this commit), incorrectly assuming that the latest release of edx-i18n-tools now included the fix. Turns out, no release of edx-i18n-tools has been made since 0.5.4, in November 2020.

I will now re-download/compile the translations and push them to the Docker image for the latest Tutor release.

tl;dr: upgrade to the latest Tutor release (12.0.4) and run tutor images pull openedx && tutor local start -d.

Thank you very much regis :slightly_smiling_face:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.