Error when running development server

Hello,

I have successfully installed tutor and installed the indigo theme.

I am now trying to set up the local development server: https://docs.tutor.overhang.io/dev.html#run-a-local-development-webserver
I make it through all of the steps, including pointing it to a local edx-platform
I get an error when I run tutor dev runserver lms

Output:

The lms service will be available at http://local.overhang.io:8000
docker-compose -f /Users/{user.directory}/Library/Application Support/tutor/env/local/docker-compose.yml -f /Users/{user.directory}/Library/Application Support/tutor/env/dev/docker-compose.yml -f /Users/{user.directory}/Library/Application Support/tutor/env/dev/docker-compose.override.yml --project-name tutor_dev run --rm --service-ports lms
Creating tutor_dev_lms_run ... done
Error response from daemon: driver failed programming external connectivity on endpoint tutor_dev_lms_run_2307e232524b (bdb6125bcd57b6224959893e997d34495f4ce58dfbabeec98d70b8d120d870c9): Bind for 0.0.0.0:8000 failed: port is already allocated
Error: Command failed with status 1: docker-compose -f /Users/{user.directory}/Library/Application Support/tutor/env/local/docker-compose.yml -f /Users/{user.directory}/Library/Application Support/tutor/env/dev/docker-compose.yml -f /Users/{user.directory}/Library/Application Support/tutor/env/dev/docker-compose.override.yml --project-name tutor_dev run --rm --service-ports lms

All of the other docker containers spin up:
tutor_dev_memcached_1
tutor_dev_smtp_1
tutor_dev_elasticsearch_1
tutor_dev_mysql_1
tutor_dev_mongodb_1
tutor_dev_rabbitmq_1
tutor_dev_forum_1

If someone could advise me on what the issue could be, would be greatful!

What’s already running on port 8000? You can find out by running sudo netstat -nlptu | grep 8000.

Thanks for responding. Nothing is running on port:8000.

Then I have no idea what the problem could be.

Thanks for trying to help. I ended up removing docker and reinstalling docker and tutor.

Can you help me?

Welcome @angel! It’s difficult to understand your problem, as you gave almost no description. Please:

• Create a new topic, so as not to hijack this one.
  • Describe as precisely as possible your issue: what commands did you run? What was the console output? (please copy-paste the logs, and don’t post screenshots. This makes it easier for other people who face the same issue to find the solution) What is your work environment?
  • What did you try to resolve the issue?