Add custom translations to frontend

Hi everyone,
The existing translation method (django.po and djangojs.po files) does not allow translating some interface elements, such as these.
Screenshot from 2021-10-16 15-07-24
Is there any other approach that allows to add translations for such elements?

Thanks.

Hi @Sergey! Could you provide a full page screenshot, such that we have a better understanding of where these strings appear?

Course structure, Studio

Indeed @Sergey, these strings are translated in the studio-frontend microfrontend: studio-frontend/displayMessages.jsx at 5680ab8eb6e41852ca54b49c8d5946689c1c6adb · edx/studio-frontend · GitHub

We don’t have a good way to override translation strings in microfrontends at the moment :frowning: I created a GitHub issue to track the solution to this problem: Overriding translation strings in MFEs is difficult · Issue #20 · overhangio/tutor-mfe · GitHub Fee free to comment there.

Thank you very much for your reply! I found several translations (for example, fr and ar) in the folder with static files, but there are two problems: I found only 5 supported languages at the moment, and there is no Russian among them, and I do not know a good way to add new languages, nor how to update translations for existing languages. So I hope that a solution will be found soon.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.